9/21/09

Window Dressing

Good Monday morning to you!

Yay! My package arrived! I am so excited to have received this precious in the mail this past week:


I finally found fabric for my living room windows. I have searched high and low and absolutely nothing has struck my fancy until now. This is 3 1/2 yards of P.Kaufman yumminess. Thank you fabric.com !

I purchased enough to "mistreat" 5 valances for my living room. With the arrangement of the windows, curtains just wouldn't have worked for me, so valances it is. Now I just need to decide what type of valances.

Pockets? Tab tops? Grommets? Clips? Not to mention the shape. Any suggestions on what would look good on these windows? When it comes to windows and me, as my son would say: "epic fail". I need some help here!

post signature

8 comments:

  1. I see a valance that is somewhat tailored like this center pleat valance
    http://www.prettywindows.com/salazar-centerpleat.html I think it would work quite well. Love the fabric choice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Saw your comment on a beach lovers place and had to check out that header. Glad I did. Your blog is sweet and I'm going to become a follower right now.
    See you again.
    T

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with the first commenter...I too saw right away, a nice tailored valance with the pleat in the center. I did this for my bathroom without even sewing...just just the right size, ironed a pleat in the middle and secured it with a couple of safety pins over the rod. (You obviously know The Nesting Place and her mistreatments!) Good luck..and I love that fabric you chose!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gotta tell ya. I love it as well. And I am tough to please!!

    Great job!

    Blessings-
    Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ohhhh I LOVE that fabric! Great choice!! I personally like the look with clips, but I stink at curtains, lol. I also think tailored like the others said would be great too! Can't wait to see them!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm allergic to fabric and sewing. I love to decorate and cook, but the only sewing I do uses that tape that you iron on:) I can't wait to see the finished product.

    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  7. If you'd like, I'll do a computer generated rendering of a design on nexts Friday Free Advice blog.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the fabric! I can't wait to see the finished product!

    ReplyDelete