9/4/09

Goldenrod

Back in June I shared with you my little backyard meadow. Well, here it is September and today I wandered to the back of the yard to check out the "meadow"in its full end-of-summer glory.

Come a little closer to see what I found, Goldenrod and a Preying Mantis:



I left the little guy where he was, but couldn't resist bringing some of the goldenrod into my home. Here it is in the sunroom:




I clipped these cuties too:

More goldenrod in my front foyer.


Aaaah!! I do love the outdoors. Have I mentioned that? So glorious.


Life is beautiful right outside your door. Today I am sharing this with Melissa' Beautiful Life Friday over at The Inspired Room.


Enjoy your holiday weekend!


post signature

5 comments:

  1. What fun to have a meadow.
    I always enjoy finding a praying mantis in the garden too.
    You have a lovely home, love the valance in the dining area.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love to bring the outdoors, indoors. Your bouquets look beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I adore your meadow. Thank you for showing it to us this season. I remember it from last time and loved it then. The golden rod is lovely as well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely post and photos, bringing the outdoors in is a great way to celebrate the changing seasons. Fall nesting is a great theme for a blog party and everyone has such lovely ideas to share.

    ReplyDelete