6/22/09

It's a Painted Patio Furniture Party!













Edie at LifeInGrace is hosting a Painted Patio Furniture party!

I have a patio chair that I picked up at a yard sale many, many years ago. At the time I painted it cream to match my porch railings & trim on my old house. Since we moved in early 2008 the chair has been shoved in the corner of the garage covered in cobwebs, garden hoses, & rags. This weekend I pulled it out of hiding and gave it a little makeover.

You can see the cream colored paint is flaking off of it, and it is absolutely filthy!!





I began by priming it. Starting on the underside it looks like I didn't completely paint it the first time - I turned it over and "ooops", the original redwood was still there.




Drying after first coat of my chosen paint:


Drying in my workspace (garage):


I fell in love with this pillow at Home Depot. It is a indoor/outdoor pillow, and it is of course my
favorite color red. My daughter & I chose a paint color for the chair that would match the pillow. We came up with Glidden's "GLY11 Fresh Pineapple".



And here is my Painted Patio Furniture - lets PARTY!! I just love it, and it is so bright and cheery in my backyard:



Join the Painted Patio Furniture Party over at
"LifeInGrace".

Also you can check out other fabulous projects for Metamorphosis Monday over at "Between Naps on the Porch".

13 comments:

  1. Good work, now you have a great new chair for the 4th of July holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job! I love the color you chose. The pillow is TDF as well. Maybe I will check my HD to see what I can find.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that creamy yellow paint color. Makes it looks so cozy and inviting. And honey, we both love red!
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  4. The chair turned out fabulous! Love the red pillow with the chair.

    ReplyDelete
  5. OOO I LIKE that.
    Two of my favorite colors!

    ReplyDelete
  6. that is a really nice chair and the color you picked is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stephanie -
    Your chair looks great! I love the new color and the pillow is perfect!
    Toni

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your chair. The color is PERFECT! It's not too bright and not so light you can't enjoy the sunny yellow. Just wonderful!
    *Tricia

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very cute, love the pillow.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great job.!! Love the color and fabric.. That chair looks so beautiful. I just planning to paint my patio furniture.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow!! You did nice job on this chair!! Great choice of pillow from Home Depot...

    ReplyDelete