5/29/09

7 Quick Takes Friday

~1~
Ever since I have begun following several decorating blogs, I have been so, so inpsired to get things going around my new house. I have done a few projects, one of which involoved spray painting furniture! I am so glad I have been bitten by the decorating bug because I was feeling like I would never be inspired with all of the bland newness of a fresh build.
~2~
Twitter. I am hooked, now why can't my besties get hooked too? My cell phone tweets at me all day long with little nothings from my son, his girlfriend, and even my girl Oprah, but none of my best girlfriends have jumped on the twitter bandwagon yet. C'mon Ladies, get with the program!!
~3~
I am going ghosthunting tonight!! A girlfriend and I are going on an all-night tour of the West Virginia Penitentiary. Now before you all get your knickers in a twist let me assure you that I am not a hard-core ghost/spirit person. My girlfriend on the other hand is all into it, and is addicted to the reality ghost-hunting shows like the ones on the Travel Channel. So since I am always up for a little adventure, and today IS her birthday, off we go to WV. I'll let you know how it goes.


~4~
Rain, Rain, Go Away. We needed rain badly, but 4 days now? C'mon! I'm over it already. How does a girl hit the Friday garage sales in the pouring rain? UGH!


~5~
Today is not only my girlfriends birthday, it is also my Dad's day. Happy Birthday Dad! I love you!

~6~
My girlfriend Denise lost her car to a fire this week. About 1/2 hour after she returned home at night she smelled smoke, but couldn't find the source. A short time later her next-door neighbor came a bangin on the door. "Get out of the house, I called 911", he hollered. Her car was parked right up next to her house. Fortunately the fire department came and put out the fire, but not before her whole front engine was engulfed in flames! The car is totaled! After a little "googling" she discovered that a recall was issued on her car last month, to take effect May 2009. Figures! Well, she hadn't been notified yet, but sure enough the oil, and the drip, and the something-something manifold, sparky-plugy thing happened, and now she has to get a new car. What a freakish thing to happen! Poor Denise!!

~7~
Here is what I did last night while I watched the Cleveland Cavs win Game 5 of their series against Orlando:


Just take tennis balls (or stryofoam balls), strips of your favorite fabrics, and a glue gun. Wrap the strips around the ball and secure with hot glue. And then, voila, you end up with this:

No comments:

Post a Comment